St. Croix is a beautiful place to live.
St. Croix Property Management
Residential and Commercial Leasing / Management
St. Croix Property Management is just that, a property management firm. While we have the experience and qualifications to perform other real estate services, our primary focus is property management. This is good news for St. Croix, as we are presently the only company on St. Croix specializing in long-term rentals. We consider this distinction a very important one. Our focus is to provide a higher quality property management service to both the property owner and tenants over the long term.
Professional, Prompt and Courteous Service:
At St. Croix Property Management, we believe that for the rental process to work at its optimum all parties must be treated fairly and with respect. We strive to provide the highest investment potential for owners, while at the same time providing high quality housing for tenants and to do this with dignity and professionalism.
Preparing the Property for Rental:
- Our job is to keep abreast of the rental market and provide market research to the owner.
- We will view the property and determine, with the owner, a range of rental value and the best market approach to attract a tenant.
- All items that need repair or decorating prior to rental will be accomplished in a timely fashion using our extensive network of vendors.
Finding Qualified Tenants:
- The rental market on St. Croix is made up of vacation rentals, seasonal rentals, and long term rentals. Our job when sifting through potential tenants is to find qualified long-term tenants.
- Advertising is through the St. Croix Avis, rental flyers, radio, and this web site utilizing as many outside web links as possible from websites that deliver consistent leads.
- For security purposes we do not advertise using your address. When fielding calls we screen prospects to confirm they are a good fit for your property. We make every effort to show your rental.
- We encourage outside leasing agents to show your property by paying them half of our leasing fee. Others charge a monthly flat fee which does not encourage outside showings.
- Each prospect has a credit report ordered. We share with the owner all information that will impact the tenants ability and willingness to pay rent.
- Our goal is to call the owner before they call us. We will communicate with you during the tenant search period.
Negotiating Leases, Collecting Rents and Movein:
- Once we have your approval of a tenant we will fill out and negotiate the lease terms on your behalf and collect all funds required at the time of signing.
- We meet with the tenant at the property, take photos, and have the tenant sign a Statement of Condition form.
- After the tenant has fulfilled their obligations we provide them with keys.
Collection of Rents and Bookkeeping:
As Property Managers, it is our business to keep our tenants current at all times. Rent is due on the first, late on the sixth, and a 30 day notice to quit is attached on the tenants door on the 8th. Late fees are assessed at each phase to impress on the tenant the importance of paying rent on time. Because the eviction process is more lengthy in the Virgin Islands compared to the U.S., it is critical to file in a timely fashion. Generally we will allow a tenant one warning before assessing fees.
We discuss with you any tenant that receives a 30-day notice prior to the eviction process.
- Our accounting and record keeping systems are totally computerized with state-of-the-art software for accuracy and efficiency.
- All Security deposits are held in trust on your behalf.
- You will be sent an itemized monthly statement showing income and expenses.
- We close our books by the 15th of each month, all bills stipulated by you are paid and remaining proceeds are mailed out on or before the 15th of the month.
- Reports are available on line for you to access anytime via the Internet.
- At year end we send all owners a 1099 for the period your property is managed by us.
- Every attempt is made to maintain the property as if it were our own. This keeps renters happy while also reducing costs by scheduling work in advance, reducing the need to pay emergency prices on repairs.
- We do provide 24 hour emergency service.
- We maintain and use a list of those contractors and vendors that provide the best service for the best price.